Where there is collective agreement amongst its members,
CMC produces reports, papers, and position statements.
Occasionally, CMC will undertake projects on specific matters at
the decision of the Board of Trustees.
These projects and position statements:
- Encourage improvement in the quality of healthcare for New
- Facilitate the exchange of information with governmental and
other health agencies on the health issues collectively agreed by
- Encourage Member Colleges to adopt, where appropriate, common
or complementary processes and policies.
- Assist in the development of, and educate about, policy
positions and guidelines on issues related to the improvement of
medical care and the standard of health in the community.
- Provide advice, information and opinion to other professional
organisations, to the general public and to government on the
advancement and maintenance of medical standards.
- Promote the purposes and educational needs of the Medical
Colleges, their Fellowships and trainees.
- Encourage interdisciplinary cooperation on a national and
There are some CMC publications that are available to its
members only. For further information, contact the CMC